i want to know hakka people in scotland/uk/the world

Discussions on the Hakka dialects.
Matt

i want to know hakka people in scotland/uk/the world

Post by Matt »

if you want to speak to a fellow hakka person then email me.im a scottish born hakka chinese.
Hans Ocil Reditya

Re: i want to know hakka people in scotland/uk/the world

Post by Hans Ocil Reditya »

Dear Matt,

Nyong Pen ? or Ngion Pan ? ( How are you )
My name is Hans Ocil Reditya , i am an Indonesian born Hakka Chinese coming from Phan family , born in 1967 I am now working in Chemical Trading company in Jakarta .

I was graduated from English department , Major in English Literature. I was born in capital city of Bangka Island named Sungailiat-( Liat Kong we named it in Hakka ) near Pangkal Pinang City ( Pin Kong-in Hakka ).

My father and my mother is Hakka, born in Indonesia in Bangka Island. They are the 4rd generation of Hakka people. My grand grand grand father who migrated to Bangka island when Tin rush in colonialization era originated from Mei Shien . I never been in Mei Shien. I got this story from my grand Frather when i was a child, and our parent often told us the story of it. It was so interesting to us. The imaganery home town seemed so like in fairy tale.

As the 5rd generation of Hakka people we are not talking in Hakka anymore although we know well of this dialect since our generation - born 1960-an above - is more familiar with Bahasa Indonesia. Some of us or some part of Hakka people still communicated in Hakka dialect daily , mainly in Khun Thien-West Kalimantan, Singkawang town and some part of Bangka Island , like Hakka people in Belinyu city-( Belijong- in Hakka ). In Bangka island , we called Hakka dialect as Thong Boi mean the languange of Chinese people. Meanwhile Chinese people in Bangka called them self as Thong Ngin.

When we were a child some older generation hakka people often told us that we have to speak in Hakka dialect-Thong Boi since it is a shame not able to talk in Hakka as a Chinese. They sometimes make a proveb joke like this :

" Thong Ngin Mo Ti Thong Boi, Mo Si Te Boi Soi"
-Thong : Chinese
-Ngin : People
-Mo(m ): Do not
-Ti

Means : Hakka who is not able to speak in Hakka, It is a bad luck than having no death.

By the way, How about you and your fellow in Scotland ? I am so interested in your story of your Hakka people in Europe. I am now becoming more interested in Hakka story and the thing about it since i want to more about my ancestry root.

I am so keenly waiting for your reply along with your Hakka story in Europe.

Wait for you reply.
Best Regards,

Hans Ocil Reditya
Hans Ocil Reditya

Dear Matt,

My name is Hans Ocil Reditya , i am an Indonesian born Hakka Chinese coming from Phan family , born in 1967 I am now working in Chemical Trading company in Jakarta .

I was graduated from English department , Major in English Literature. I was born in capital city of Bangka Island named Sungailiat-( Liat Kong we named it in Hakka ) near Pangkal Pinang City ( Pin Kong-in Hakka ).

My father and my mother is Hakka, born in Indonesia in Bangka Island. They are the 4rd generation of Hakka people. My grand grand grand father who migrated to Bangka island when Tin rush in colonialization era originated from Mei Shien . I never been in Mei Shien. I got this story from my grand Frather when i was a child, and our parent often told us the story of it. It was so interesting to us. The imaganery home town seemed so like in fairy tale.

As the 5rd generation of Hakka people we are not talking in Hakka anymore although we know well of this dialect since our generation - born 1960-an above - is more familiar with Bahasa Indonesia. Some of us or some part of Hakka people still communicated in Hakka dialect daily , mainly in Khun Thien-West Kalimantan, Singkawang town and some part of Bangka Island , like Hakka people in Belinyu city-( Belijong- in Hakka ). In Bangka island , we called Hakka dialect as Thong Boi mean the languange of Chinese people. Meanwhile Chinese people in Bangka called them self as Thong Ngin.

When we were a child some older generation hakka people often told us that we have to speak in Hakka dialect-Thong Boi since it is a shame not able to talk in Hakka as a Chinese. They sometimes make a proveb joke like this :

-Ti : Know
-Boi : Languange-Dialect if iit follows the word of Thong, it also mean able to, could .
-Si : Death, die
-Te : A kind of conjunction word
-Soi

Means : Hakka who is not able to speak in Hakka, It is a bad luck than having no death.

By the way, How about you and your fellow in Scotland ? I am so interested in your story of your Hakka people in Europe. I am now becoming more interested in Hakka story and the thing about it since i want to more about my ancestry root.

Wait for you reply.
Best Regards,

Hans Ocil Reditya
Hans Ocil Reditya

Dear Matt,

-Ti : Know
-Boi : Languange-Dialect if iit follows the word of Thong, it also mean able to, could .
-Si : Death, die
-Te : A kind of conjunction word
-Soi : Bad luck, misfortune

Wait for you reply.
Best Regards,

Hans Ocil Reditya
Jackie Yeung

Post by Jackie Yeung »

I am chinese of origin and am from a hakka family born and brought up in

Mauritius.I came to England in 1969 to do nursing and I am at present

working with an independant hospital (BUPA) near Leeds.I am married

with three grown up sons.I do speak a bit of hakka but do not read or

write chinese.I have always been interested in my own culture but would

like to learn more and of course to practice the language.
Claudette de la Haye

Post by Claudette de la Haye »

For those of you who are Chinese from the Caribbean, Guyana (UK), Marituis, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tabago! Our ancestors came fron Canton aka Hong Kong.

I am currently searching fro my father from Jamaica who is Chinese.
for those of you egar to trace your linege as I was place in the Web-browser "Jamaican Chinese" or "Canadian Jamaican Chinese 2000"
goto the liks with refence to Guyana (UK) and you will see the boat loads of your ancestors names which, have been recorded in the history books.
You will be speechless to see the inventory of each boat. All family names are listed so you get an indepth idea as to what happened.

Good luck! And thank you for the information on the website.
I too am looking to learn Hakka starting with the alphabet, numbers and words. Tou will be happy to know some people speak it in Jamaica!

Laters. Claudette de la Haye (Chung)Jackie Yeung wrote:

> I am chinese of origin and am from a hakka family born and
> brought up in
>
> Mauritius.I came to England in 1969 to do nursing and I am at
> present
>
> working with an independant hospital (BUPA) near Leeds.I am
> married
>
> with three grown up sons.I do speak a bit of hakka but do not
> read or
>
> write chinese.I have always been interested in my own culture
> but would
>
> like to learn more and of course to practice the language.
Claudette de la Haye

Post by Claudette de la Haye »

For those of you who are Chinese from the Caribbean, Guyana (UK), Marituis, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tabago! Our ancestors came fron Canton aka Hong Kong.

I am currently searching fro my father from Jamaica who is Chinese.
for those of you egar to trace your linege as I was place in the Web-browser "Jamaican Chinese" or "Canadian Jamaican Chinese 2000"
goto the liks with refence to Guyana (UK) and you will see the boat loads of your ancestors names which, have been recorded in the history books.
You will be speechless to see the inventory of each boat. All family names are listed so you get an indepth idea as to what happened.

Good luck! And thank you for the information on the website.
I too am looking to learn Hakka starting with the alphabet, numbers and words. Tou will be happy to know some people speak it in Jamaica!

Laters. Claudette de la Haye (Chung)Jackie Yeung wrote:

> I am chinese of origin and am from a hakka family born and
> brought up in
>
> Mauritius.I came to England in 1969 to do nursing and I am at
> present
>
> working with an independant hospital (BUPA) near Leeds.I am
> married
>
> with three grown up sons.I do speak a bit of hakka but do not
> read or
>
> write chinese.I have always been interested in my own culture
> but would
>
> like to learn more and of course to practice the language.
Li_Amoy

Post by Li_Amoy »

my mom is hakka born in indonesia. My father is hakka from malaysia. I as well was born in indonesia. Many of my friend's parents are hakka from jamaica.
Shiung Jean Alain Yee

Re: I want to know hakka people in scotland/uk/the world

Post by Shiung Jean Alain Yee »

Dear Jackie,

I'm just glad to come across your mail as I was surfing on the internet.

I just wanted to say that I'm also a hakkanese born and brought up in Mauritius. I immigrated in U.S.A. one and a half years ago.

You are welcome to email me telling me more about yourself. I'm be glad to respond.

God bless you,

Shiung J.Alain
Shiung Yee

Re: I want to know hakka people in scotland/uk/the world

Post by Shiung Yee »

Hello everyone,

I'm just glad to come across your mail as I was surfing on the internet.

I just wanted to say that I'm also a hakkanese born and brought up in Mauritius. I immigrated in U.S.A. one and a half years ago.

You are all welcome to email me telling me more about yourselves. I'd be glad to respond. I can speak a little hakka.

Shiung