Can you tell me how to make a chinese girlfriend??

Discussions on the Cantonese language.
Man

Can you tell me how to make a chinese girlfriend??

Post by Man »

I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to suggest any ways to me on how to become a couple with a chinese girl??

I've been learning mandarin for about 6 years and can read and write, but I'm from Canada and I'm not chinese.

I mean, what kinds of things can you do to win a chinese girl's heart??

And can anyone suggest any good chinese lines/words/sentences to say to the girl before and after becoming a couple??
How do you ask a chinese girl if she wants to be your girlfriend?
(how do you know if you should even ask???)

Thanks a lot; I really need to know this info.,

Man
Wo - man

Re: Can you tell me how to make a chinese girlfriend??

Post by Wo - man »

It would help if you wern't such a tosser!
AlexNg

Post by AlexNg »

First of all, it depends on whether that chinese girl was brought up in the west or the east. If she was brought up in the west, their thinking are just like westerners - independent and self assertive.

If she is from the east, as long as you are a white guy, a lot of chinese girls will fall for you if you are good looking and manly. Just respect her and give her a sense of security (in terms of financial and manliness)
JayJay

Post by JayJay »

I am a chinese girl living in Hong Kong, I just meet a westerner as my boy friend, when the first moment i met him, he gave me a very good impression. Before I met him, I thought i never like a westerner as my boy friend. so i tell you one thing is that if you want to be a boy friend of a chinese girl, it is a very easy only you can give her a good impression.
Row2112

Post by Row2112 »

I am a Chinese girl from California. I am currently dating a white guy, and he was himself and not trying too hard to make me like him. He sweet and nice. He is trying to learn Chinese to impress my parents which is sweet. You have to realize that every girl is different and you will probably have to meet a few before both of you can connect.

GOOD LUCK!!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

if u keep checking this, here i got my advice too.
Most chinese girls with Traditional chiense background will think that when they make some choice that is good for their bf , they usually expect a warm response from you. i mean westerners
will think people make their choice because its their own desire..but sometimes not in China. so whenever she made a choice.. you should think for her and try to figure out what's in her heart
qrasy

White/Black people

Post by qrasy »

It seems to me that Chinese do not like dark people?
may

Post by may »

lol. sad. it doesn't matter what race you are trying to get. all you need to be is yourself and they will respect you for who you are. if the girl likes you, yourself a lot and wants to go out with you. then you got yourself a girlfriend. you don't need to act like something else to get one. i'm disappointed that you a guy doesn't know that. even if i'm a girl.
Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsi

Post by Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsi »

Hmmm...

Maybe you should abide by the old adage: "You are what you eat." So eat a lot of Chinese food. Undoubtedly, you'll naturally become more Chinese. Besides, you're more likely to run into a Chinese girl in a Chinese restaurant.

If you want a Chinese girl, drink a lot of soy sauce & endlessly assert that Asia owes everthing to China.
If you want a Korean girl, gulp down lotsa Kim Chee & drive a Hyundai.
If you want a Japanese girl, sip wasabi thru a straw & for God's sake, get a samurai sword.
If you want a Vietnamese girl, do shots of fish sauce & wear black PJ's.
If you want a Thai girl, sprinkle coconut milk on everthing & run like a Tsunami is chasing you.
If you want a (South Asian) Indian girl, snort curry powder & go work for Bill Gates.
If you want a Hawaiian girl, eat lots of poi & SPAM, & hang ten.
If you want a German girl, eat lots of sauerkraut & SEIGHEIL der Fuehrer!
If you want a British girl, boil everything you eat & don't brush.
If you want a French girl, eat baggettes & don't bathe.

Got it?

--Holy crap, I can't believe anyone would go about things this way. I'm talking about your approach in general. If there is a certain type of (ethnic) look that you fancy, just go for it. Don't overthink it or plan things out. What's that old saying? "Be yourself."

Knowing Chinese culture maybe key to interacting with her family, which is to say be polite and respectful particularly toward elders. But then again, this too is pretty much universal rule. No?
Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsi

Post by Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsi »

One more thing...

If you want to date an American girl, eat lots of double bacon cheeseburgers and refer to Canada as one of the four biggest state in the American Union--the other three being California, Texas & Alaska.

BTW, good luck you crazy Canuck.