Discussions on the Cantonese language.
Arsenii

How do u type in Cantnese

Post by Arsenii »

Hey people, how do u type in cantonese?
Dylan Sung

Re: How do u type in Cantnese

Post by Dylan Sung »

You must have a Cantonese input first. I'm sorry I don't have a link to give you.

Dyl.
Arsenii

Post by Arsenii »

What is a cantonese input? Tell me how to find it through google or yahoo please, and I'll find it myself.
Dylan Sung

Post by Dylan Sung »

You need something called an Input Method Editor. It's just occured to me that, there is such an input in NJStar's Communicator. Go to

http://www.njstar.com

It should be called jyutping,

Dyl.
mun

Post by mun »

I can't find it ...
please give more info..

tq
dawn

Post by dawn »

please tell how do I write it in Chinese word???
勇牧人

Post by 勇牧人 »

Which chinese word do u want to write?
If it is simplified, install winXP of look for IME 5.2
Henk

Post by Henk »

For Traditional Chinese Character input, you can install the Chinese IME (Input Method Editor) in Windows XP and Windows 2000 as well.

When you use Windows 2000:
You have to choose for International Settings. In the Tab General you have to click on advanced. Be sure the checkbox for 10002, 10008, 20000 are checked on.
After your system have been updated, you can install several input methods for Chinese. This you can do in the last tab on the right for international settings. I don't know how this tab is named in English (I'm using a Dutch version)
For Traditional input method (The Chinese Input Method for Cantonese Spoken people) you intstall first for Country Taiwan, and the Fast input method.
Then you will be able to input with radicals. First select the radical for left top and second the radical for right bottom from the character.

If you need some help, just tell me.
Nxminh

Post by Nxminh »

Hi, i'm searching for a java script that help users to input chinese character without an input engine such as chinese star ....
Could u help me ?
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

If you know Cangjie, here's a site to type Chinese without other software. Note that this is fifth generation (i.e. not the same as Windows') but should be okay to use.

http://www.chinesecj.com/ime/cj5-int-h.php