where can I learn cantonese on the web?

Discussions on the Cantonese language.
Sze Fei

where can I learn cantonese on the web?

Post by Sze Fei »

Hi My name is Sze Fei and i live in Malaysia.
Most chinese in this region speak Cantonese, and so does my dad and mom. They can speak 5 languages fluently.
The problem is, although they speak cantonese long before I was born, I have yet to master the language and I feel very sad because of that. I would not like to spend to much money on buy learning kits so I decided to check the internet........but did not get much help. I hope someone ca recommend some cool sites where I may get to improve my Cantonese.
Thank you very much.
Sze Fei
rizdimanche

Re: where can I learn cantonese on the web?

Post by rizdimanche »

sze fei
there is a chinese proverb:"遠在天邊,近在眼前。" it means the thing is seemingly far away, but if fact it is actually close at hand. with the help of the internet - it is indeed very popular and convenient for learning. but to learning something vividly as languages, practice is really important. your parents are "living resources" that if you really need to practice your cantonese. i doubt that with the best learning cantonese site on the net today can teach you fluent cantonese!!!
just turn off the computer and turn to your parents is my word. it really helps.
rizdimanche
Hing Man

Post by Hing Man »

: Hi My name is Sze Fei and i live in Malaysia.
: Most chinese in this region speak Cantonese, and so does my dad and mom. They can speak 5 languages fluently.
: The problem is, although they speak cantonese long before I was born, I have yet to master the language and I feel very sad because of that. I would not like to spend to much money on buy learning kits so I decided to check the internet........but did not get much help. I hope someone ca recommend some cool sites where I may get to improve my Cantonese.
: Thank you very much.
: Sze Fei
Speak to your parents/get your parents to speak to you in Cantonese. There is NO better way of learning.
sandy ho

Post by sandy ho »

learn it from watching hk vedio is more exciting
you can buy some vedio in some e-shop.such as
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?av ... index.html
Kobo-Daishi

Post by Kobo-Daishi »

Dear Sze Fei,.
What are the five languages that your parents can speak?
What languages do you speak? Did you learn them in school? Did you go to Chinese school?
What language does your parents speak to you most often in?
You should speak more with your parents and friends in Cantonese to practice Cantonese, since there is virtually nothing about Cantonese on the internet.
Kobo-Daishi, PLLA.
rasha

Post by rasha »

: learn it from watching hk vedio is more exciting
: you can buy some vedio in some e-shop.such as
: http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?av ... index.html
rasha

how can i say stop

Post by rasha »

i want to know how to say to a bus driver stop in cantonese language
Rod(OH)

Try www.Travlang.com nt

Post by Rod(OH) »

a