Peng you

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
Ma Li

Peng you

Post by Ma Li »

Ni hao!
Wo jiao Marianna...my Chinese name is Ma Li.
I am studying Mandarin and I just love it!
I would like to have a Chinese friend!Please,friends,write me!I will reply to everybody!
Xie-xie
Ma Li
ps..I am 22 yrs old,female
Lily

Re: Peng you

Post by Lily »

Ma Li:
Ni Hao! Wo jiao LiLi, wo zhuzai Toronto.
Ni zai nali xuede zhongwen?
Lily
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Ni hao!
Wo jiao Wenning, wo shiliu sui. Wo ye shi zai xue zhong wen. Xue zhong wen hao wanr!! Wo zhu zai wotaihua, zai jianada. Ni ne?
Jiànguó

Post by Jiànguó »

Nĭ hào!
Wŏ jiào Jiànguó(Django), wŏ xué hànyŭ, hé wŏ shuō yìdiànrdiànr.
Wŏ qù xuéxiào UQAM-Montréal(Jiānádà).
Zàijiàn.

PS. Here are some useful ascii characters for pīnyīn. (^_^)
á à ă ā
é è ĕ ē
í ì ĭ ī
ó ò ŏ ō
ú ù ŭ ū
yingen26

Post by yingen26 »

It appears that everyone is from Canada...
Let me throw off the trend...
I am a second year mandarin chinese student at the Unversity of Houston
你好
我叫  Bryan
很高興忍識你
ni hao
wo jiao Bryan
hen gao xin ren shi ni

What am I doing up at 3am in the morning...

2002.04.19 Fri 3:00am CDT USA
yingen26

Post by yingen26 »

Please ignore this...
Playing with font size...
<font size="1">Font Size 1</font>
<font size="2">Font Size 2</font>
<font size="3">Font Size 3</font>
<font size="4">Font Size 4</font>
<font size="5">Font Size 5</font>
<font size="6">Font Size 6</font>
<font size="7">Font Size 7</font>
<font size="7">&#22823;</font><font size="1">&#23567;</font>
Michalis

Post by Michalis »

Hi Ma li!

I'm not Chinese, but i just love studying Mandarin. I spend at least two hours every day on it learning it. I would also like to learn calligraphy, but in Holland, there aren't many resources for learning Chinese, let go for learning callygraphy.
Thanks God I happen to know the darnest little Chinese bookstore with Chinese books about every item. Huanghe Shudian (Yellow River bookstore) in Amsterdam! *l*

Are you Chinese yourself? Or is Ma Li your english name translated into mandarin? Do you live in China?

Hope to hear from you!

~Michiel~
Ma Li

Post by Ma Li »

Hi Michalis,
how are you?
thank you for answering to my msg...
No,I am not Chinese but I love Chinese language and culture.
I have been studying it now for about 7 months...I study everyday..I dedicate about 2 hours to it,daily.I can find many resources around here and that's great...
What method do you use to memorize characters and their strokes?I find that to be probably the most difficult thing for me...
Hope to hear from you soon,
zai jian
Ma Li
ps my name's Mari but I translated it into Ma Li... :)
Michalis

Post by Michalis »

Hi Ma Li!

Well, I just call you Ma li! Its nice to hear how you're working on your Chinese. We0re pretty much the samen, hopelessly addicted. :)

I don't find character very hard anymore, coz after a while I found that lot of elemenst within that character are pretty much the same. And I use a nice trick:

I start ginving elements that return a lot names, so when I write a character, they're great reminders. *l* Like for "sea" I would say; sea consists of "liquid" and "mother". And for "cat" I would say: cat consisits of "animal", followed by "grass" and below that "field". You should try it! :)

I have more difficulties with memorizing the tones. :) I always mix the up! And I find it diffiult to pronnounce the "shi" "si" and "zhi" words. Coz they shoud be pronounced like a "z" rather then as "i".

What technique do you use to learn Chinese? Wouldn't you agree that mandarin sounds much better and more beautiful than cantonese? :)
What do you think is quite difficult about Chinese? How do you train your pronunciation?

Good luck!

~Michalis~
Dave Davies

Post by Dave Davies »

Marianna,

Hi I am an American trying to learn Mandarin Chinese. You seem to have an incredible enthusiasm for the language. Can you give me some tips on how to get started?
Dave