i need a vocabulary list in cantonese or mandarian

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
david

i need a vocabulary list in cantonese or mandarian

Post by david »

i need to learn catonese or mandarian please help me i need a vocabulary list for any of these language
Kobo-Daishi

Re: i need a vocabulary list in cantonese or mandarian

Post by Kobo-Daishi »

Dear David,
You should first decide on which language you wish to learn.
Mandarin is more popular, since, it is the official language of both China & Taiwan. Also, there are more resources for learning Mandarin
There are almost no resources for learning Cantonese on the net.
You should visit the web-site: ZHONGWEN.COM for their dictionary of characters.
Also, if your computer can read Chinese encoding, you could go to:
http://www.mandarintools.com/cedict.html
and down-load the free CEDICT Chinese dictionary. It is a text file of Chinese words with characters, pin yin romanisation and definitions.
Kobo-Daishi, PLLA.
i want to learn Mandarin

Post by i want to learn Mandarin »

:
: Dear David,
: You should first decide on which language you wish to learn.
: Mandarin is more popular, since, it is the official language of both China & Taiwan. Also, there are more resources for learning Mandarin
: There are almost no resources for learning Cantonese on the net.
: You should visit the web-site: ZHONGWEN.COM for their dictionary of characters.
: Also, if your computer can read Chinese encoding, you could go to:
: http://www.mandarintools.com/cedict.html
: and down-load the free CEDICT Chinese dictionary. It is a text file of Chinese words with characters, pin yin romanisation and definitions.
: Kobo-Daishi, PLLA.
Vitor

Hello! I'd like to learn mandarin! We can exchange language

Post by Vitor »

Hello!
I'm am starting to learn mandarin and I'd like to know if there's someone who can help me. We can exchange: you give me your language (it doesn't needs to be mandarin, but...), and I geve you Portuguese, English, Spanish or Japanese.
If you want, pass me an e-mail, do not answer me in this site.
Zai Jian
Matt

Re: Hello! I'd like to learn mandarin! We can exchange lang

Post by Matt »

: Hello!
: I'm am starting to learn mandarin and I'd like to know if there's someone who can help me. We can exchange: you give me your language (it doesn't needs to be mandarin, but...), and I geve you Portuguese, English, Spanish or Japanese.
: If you want, pass me an e-mail, do not answer me in this site.
: Zai Jian
Bob

Re: Hello! I'd like to learn mandarin! We can exchange lang

Post by Bob »

I would like to as well i have allways wanted to
Vildes Fu

Post by Vildes Fu »

: i need to learn catonese or mandarian please help me i need a vocabulary list for any of these language
aquin

Post by aquin »

I am starting to learn mandarin and I'd like to know if there's someone who can help me. We can exchange: you give me your language (it doesn't needs to be mandarin, but...), and I geve you Portuguese, English, Spanish or Japanese.
hwangmic

Post by hwangmic »

David,

A vocab list is a very smart way to learn Chinese. That is how my mom taught me ever since I was little. A nice resource that is out there to keep track of your progress is the Chinese Character Test (http://www.clavisinica.com/character-test-applet.html). This lets you know how you are doing in learning the characters once you have established a nice vocab list to go through. You can also find flashcards and other interesting tools to help you learn at that site.