Korean invented chinese language

Discuss the Chinese language.
PPK

Re: Korean invented chinese language

Post by PPK »

c'mon peterkim, do u actually believe that altaic people and koreans who used a 'pronouciation-based' language can invent a 'graphical/pictorial' form of writing? besides, ur argument of the bronze wares dont even sustain. the chinese had multiple sites with a history of using and making bronze wares that are earlier, much more sophisticated and different in designs wit those that can be found in korea. ur theory of shang ppl coming from the korea peninsula can be argued the other way round. others can easily tell u tha the koreans are actually descendants of a chinese tribe called the 'dong yi'. the koreans are actually of chinese origins. but whats the point?
sfboy

Post by sfboy »

PPK:
aren't all languages 'pronounciation-based'? how else would spoken language be communicated?
I think you mean polysyllabic Altaic and Korean languages as opposed to the generally monosyllabic Chinese language.
oeiwanxing

Post by oeiwanxing »

I can say that we should end this topic, because the writer of the first thread keeps writing nonsense. Do you know that some Chinese have the same way of thinking with him because they are STUBBORN?
Even Korean adopted Confucius as their patron, right?
peterkim

Post by peterkim »

Confucius was chinese but Lao Tze not.
Taoism has korean origin too.
UBB

Post by UBB »

Modern Koreans didn't even freakin' exist when Lao Tze introduced Daoism. Oh, and Daoism is NOT originated in Korea, it's not even called Korea back then. It was called Chao Xien by the Chinese in Mandarin and Tsiu Sin in Cantonese. You are so clueless. (Choson in Korean). Maybe you should talk with some Korean scholars and see what your own people think of your audacious arguments, which are based on totally and absolutely nonsense.
UBB

Post by UBB »

But actually, I'm quite eager to read more comments because all this is SO hilariously and ridiculously funny.
anthony

Post by anthony »

EVERYTHING CAME FROM KOREA. WHO GIVES A SHITT!!
PPK

Post by PPK »

yes sfboy, i meant polysyllabic. i took my linguistics course in chinese so there are certain things i cannot express in english. it would be ridiculous for a polysyllabic people to invent monosyllabic written characters, isnt it?

and kim, any clues where u get the idea lao tzu wasnt chinese?
peterkim

Post by peterkim »

Taoism originated from the Lolang province of the Han empire which was a commandary set up on conquered korean territory ,after the Han defeated the old Chosun. There is also a chinese text describing the visitation of
Confucius with Lao Tzu which also describes the conflict between the two
thoughts.
HKB

Post by HKB »

But mere "conflict" of thought does not even remotely imply a difference in culture and ethnicity. Two Russians can have very different thoughts i.e. Stolin & Gorbachev. Moreover, even though you claim that this took place in "new-conquered" "Choson" territory, it is mere speculation to imply that Lao Tsu must then be of Choson origin. Not to mention that this most certainly did not happen in any region near ancient Choson:

According to legend Lao Tzu was keeper of the archives at the imperial court. When he was eighty years old he set out for the western border of China, toward what is now Tibet, saddened and disillusioned that men were unwilling to follow the path to natural goodness. At the border (Hank Pass), a guard, Yin Xi (Yin Hsi), asked Lao Tsu to record his teachings before he left. He then composed in 5,000 characters the Tao Te Ching (The Way and Its Power). Hence the origin of Daoism. This happened in Tibet, not in any "newly conquered Choson area.)

(source: www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Taichi/lao.html)

As for the concern of his ethnicity, I've heard speculations as far-fetched as that he was Christ Himself.