Hokkien and Indonesia 'Wuxia' novels

Discussions on the Hokkien (Minnan) language.
SimL

Re: Hokkien and Indonesia 'Wuxia' novels

Post by SimL »

Yeah you are right. But lots of my friends which are as old as I am (30 years), do speak chinese dialect. Most of them were not born in China. They use it with their parents to talk about something that they don't want 'ordinary' people to understand. But yes, MOST of Indonesian Chinese don't speak chinese.

And please don't use word 'Indon', we take that word as humiliation. I know you don't mean it. But please just use 'Indonesia'.
The original of this quote seems to have disappeared. From Coh Hiangswe's quote, it would appear that xng wrote it, but normally, these things don't disappear, or if they do, there will be a trace left of "edited x times". Perhaps it was said in another topic, but the content implies it's connected with this one. I'm stil puzzled by who actually said this originally.
Coh Hiangswe

Post by Coh Hiangswe »

hello.
it's actually my mistake. I was trying to say that word 'Indon' is offensive for most Indonesian. But somehow I put them on 'quote' brackets.....
Really really sorry. And, please don't get me wrong, I took no efense on that word, it's just most Indonesian are not comfortable when foreign people reffer us as 'Indons'. :P
SimL

Post by SimL »

Ah, right. Thanks for explaining that Hiangswe. :P. Yeah, it can be a bit tricky. Everything from [ quote ] to [ / quote ] will appear as a quote. And you can actually quote anyone, even someone not in the Forum by putting = "xxx" as part of the opening of the quote. E.g. if you write:
[ quote = "Einstein" ]E = mc ** 2[ / quote ] (without the spaces, of course), then you will get
Einstein wrote:E = mc ** 2
BTW, welcome to the Forum. Great to have you around!
xng

Post by xng »

Coh Hiangswe wrote:hello.
it's actually my mistake. I was trying to say that word 'Indon' is offensive for most Indonesian. But somehow I put them on 'quote' brackets.....
:P
My apologies, I was a bit lazy and wanted to type a shorter version.

I didn't meant any offense.
Coh Hiangswe

Post by Coh Hiangswe »

xng wrote:
My apologies, I was a bit lazy and wanted to type a shorter version.

I didn't meant any offense.
i know Xng :P , no effense taken. btw, just use "indo" instead of 'Indon". It's just one letter different, but the meaning is very different.... :lol:
BojepJoe

Post by BojepJoe »

hey coh i really love to see your work, is it finish yet? :D
Coh Hiangswe

Post by Coh Hiangswe »

hello everyone,,
very sorry I have just showed up,,,it's been a year! :lol:

This is my bukiap, but it's written in bahasa Indonesia. I think it's hard to understand for most people in this forum. But I just love to share it. It's not finished yet, I'm still working on it. I'm not a full time writer, I just write it because I love bukiap.

Thanks for the help

http://kisahparapenggetarlangit.blogspot.com/

PS: so far there are only 15 chapters,,,
niuc

Post by niuc »

Hi Hiangswe

Glad to see you here again. Kamsia untuk cerita bukiapnya. Hebat sekali bisa tulis cerita silat seperti Kho Ping Hoo. Sukses selalu untuk bab/episode selanjutnya dan buku2 bukiap berikutnya! Semoga suatu hari nanti jadi sinetron silat! 8)
Coh Hiangswe

Post by Coh Hiangswe »

aha,,thanks so much Niuc. You can speak bahasa too? that's nice.

I write that Bukiap just because I love it. I'm still learning about chinese culture, and about my ancestors, and it's very interesting. I have got lots of knowledge in this forum, you guys are very warm and helpful.

Thank for the support, I'll keep writing bukiap so one day they make films and sinetrons of it. :lol:
amhoanna

Post by amhoanna »

Aku mau bacanya juga bila mengerti bahasa ini lebih! 8)