What are Hakkas?

Discussions on the Hakka dialects.
ppk

Re: What are Hakkas?

Post by ppk »

chaconne,

the written history of china is ard 3800 yrs old, meaning the earliest writings found at achaeology sites dates back to 3800 yrs ago. but chinese civilisation doesnt stop there. it also depends on your standards of a 'civilisation'. wad make it counted as a civilisation and wad doesnt? if u say the ppl had a fixed area of residence, a city, a market place and a place of worship, i wouldnt be surprise the chinese can claim their civilisation started like 7000yrs back.
loki

Post by loki »

..............................ppk, you're wrong. in fact , cantonese are purely chinese and it's not through assimilation like you said. i guess i am right in this subject.|..........................................................................#*].
Stephen Leung

Post by Stephen Leung »

As far as I know, if you look at the Hakka people's foot (last one), you can find something different. It was said that the Hakka are real 龍的傳人。
Dylan Sung

Post by Dylan Sung »

Descendents of Dragons? You mean of royal ancestry? What has feet to do with it? How many Hakka feet have you been looking at? How come no one else has made a fuss about studying Hakka feet? I find the though amusing at best.

Dyl.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

As far as I concern, origins of the Japanese and korean can be related to the Hakkas. Although claimed that Hakka were pure han chinese but actually the resembles much of the Xiongnu features rather than the 'han' chinese features...There's no doubts that, the original speaker of Altaic languages originated from far north China as there's evidence that most of this tribes moved westward when Han Dynasty successfuly repelled the xiongnu's invasion...Probably those xiongnus who moved westward formed the modern 'turkish' countries. I personally, done the test before comparing a hakka, a mongolian, a japanese and a korean...Among those 4 races, all 4 of them have small eyes, extreme shallow eye socket, same nose shape and mouth shape...Although it may sound a little fake but compared to the yue chinese and han chinese (north), their eyesocket are a little deeper, medium-sized eye and their mouth shape differs...Physically, mongolian seems to be much more bigger and taller than the japanese,korean and hakkas however this may due to their diet, an ancient japanese eats fish and rice while an ancient mongolian eats lamb and horse meat...This may lead to the asnwer of why Ancient/Pre WWII Japanese are short...Besides that Japanese is ain't an altaic language, although it resembles much of the altaic languages aspect but she doesn't has the core of an altaic language, the vowel harmony...Although Japanese has many suffixes but she doesn't has vowel harmony at all! Therefore we can't assumed that Japanese is an Altaic language, probably the suffixes came from Korean that influenced Japan more than what the Chinese does...Actually it sounded a lil' long but what I'm trying tell is: Japanese is ain't an altaic language, Hakka(s) are most likely the decendants of the Xiongnu(s), Japanese and Hakka(s) are related.

[%sig%]
tojia

Post by tojia »

another new name for sum won is -- aaron.still make trouble here. my father friend, their eye is bigger.
FM Liew

Post by FM Liew »

Something which I've read about the Shang people.
It says that quite a number of Shang people have dark complexion.

I not surprise that Shang people were originated from India.
Anyway, Shang culture is still alive in todays Chinese culture.

FM Liew
winniebree

Post by winniebree »

Matt...where did you get that kind of information?
Hakka people are Han people...
If you want to win a game, you have to play it.

aocitizen

Post by aocitizen »

I have heard that although Hakka is derived from Middle Chinese, it may have Tai elements as well, since it is near to the Tai homeland of Fukien; is this true? I think it is very interesting what you said about the Shang, and very true too. After the Indo-Europeans invaded India in 1500 BCE, Dravidian people in northeast India fled from them into Yunnan, and from there descended the Yangtze unti they reached Jiangsu, which they settled in large numbers. The native inhabitants were Australoid Shang/Dongyi people, who spoke a Daic dialect. This became fused with Dravidian in that area. Before the arrival of the Sinitic Huaxia in around 2500 BCE, the Huang He river valley was inhabited by Old Tais, Old Viets, and Hmongics. The conquering Huaxia imposed their Sinitic language on them and created a unified polity, the Old Chinese Kingdom in its earliest form. But in Shandong and Jiangsu, the Shang/Dongyi people remained independent for centuries to come. Some Huaxia-acculturated Shang from the east of the kingdom eventually deposed the Xia Dynasty. The first Shang, or Yin, rulers were called the Black Shang, because they were Australoids. The Shang Dynasty was overthrown by the western Zhou, who also conquered Shandong and Jiangsu. Around 500 BCE, the semi-Dravidian people of Jiangsu migrated across the Yellow Sea to Paekche in Korea, where they mixed with the native Tungusics. In 300 BCE, some of these Tunguso-Dravidians who became known as the Yayoi people invaded Japan from Paekche, conquering it and unifying it. They also contributed the Dravidian substratum which sets Japanese apart from the other Altaic languages. Japanese has been described as an Altaic creole. Does Hakka have a strand of Old Viet as well? And were the original inhaabitants of the Hakka area Australoid?
aocitizen

Post by aocitizen »

Incidentally, the Zhou people were western Huaxia mixed with the Rong people. The Rongs were a nation of mixed Altaic and Tocharian origin; many of them had red hair and green eyes, because the Tocharians had come to Kansu from Europe. The Zhou probably learned the art of mounted archery from the sedentary Rong, which aided them in their conquest of Shang China. The separate Sinitic branch of Sino-Tibetan is thought to have arisen in Yunnan, when Tibetan migrants combined with Old Viets and Old Malays to create a new language, proto-Sinitic, and a new people, the Huaxia. The Bai people who still live in Yunnan may be the descendents of those Huaxia who opted to remain in the southwest when most of their brethren moved east and north around 2500 BCE. This move was probably prompted by a massive Daic invasion of Yunnan from the east. The semi-legendary Xuanyuan led the Huaxia through the Szechuan Basin, up the Jailing River, and into the Wei River valley, from which they conquered the various Shang/Dongyi tribes of the Huang He area. The first rulers of the new Huaxia state were the Xia Dynasty, the descendents of Xuanyuan. The following Yin Dynasty of Shang origin were like the Welsh Tudor Dynasty of England, kings descended from the nobles of the conquered people ruling the conquered, but speaking their language. The Shang lasted much longer than the Tudors, and were more important to the development of their country. Sino-Tibetan itself is thought to have originated at the headwaters of the Yangtze, in the Kunlun Mountains. I do not think that the Hakka are descended from the Hsiung-Nu, who lived in the far northwest and Mongolia. This Turkish-Mongolian tribe migrated west to Europe and became Attila's famous Huns. The present-day Bulgarian and Chuvash peoples are the descendents of the Hsiung-Nu/Huns, and the Hungarians also have a Hunnic strain. I think that the Hakkas are mostly Han Chinese, but mixed with Daic and Vietic peoples.