Can you tell me how to make a chinese girlfriend??

Discussions on the Cantonese language.
qrasy

Re: Can you tell me how to make a chinese girlfriend??

Post by qrasy »

Huahahahahah... Are you hoping to change your genes without dying and being reborn?
Eng Wai

Post by Eng Wai »

"If you want a Chinese girl, drink a lot of soy sauce & endlessly assert that Asia owes everthing to China."

Chinese chauvinisms... I would like to comment some.

Ok, I am not a historians nor a politician, but an amateur person who has intereset on both. I personally think that in many aspects, the influence of historical Chinese culture has been purposely undermined; and the image of China has been demonised to discard the relationship of China and other countries. As I have said, I am not a historians I can't present facts and figures objectively. So don't ask me why. To be ohneset, I think Vietnam is one of the most aggressive countries that incessantly denying their link with Chinese. I know you are a Vietnamese and very likely you will have the total opposite view.

However, more and more Chinese especially the mainland youngsters are becoming more and more complacent and arrogant. You can find out the reasons yourself I am not going to debate with you. The mainlanders sometimes like to equate ethnic Chinese and country China, which is not true. They regard the overseas Chinese as secondary Chinese because they don't reside in China. Their way of talking will show their thinking of them being big brother, oversea Chinese being small brother. Etc. They haave a special affection of an eventual strong China overtaking the States as well.

There are still lots of mainland Chinese who don't have these kinds of mindsets and I appreciate their attitudes.

I have an affection to China as well, after all I am an ethnic Chinese who grew up in a Chinese culture. But I hope the mainlanders will be more humble. What's good of being an empire that terrorise the surrounding countries like USA? Just a short gratification of dominance, at the prices of genocides!!!

"If you want to date an American girl, eat lots of double bacon cheeseburgers and refer to Canada as one of the four biggest state in the American Union--the other three being California, Texas & Alaska."

You are a classic joker !!
gwk@@@

Post by gwk@@@ »

JayJay wrote:I am a chinese girl living in Hong Kong, I just meet a westerner as my boy friend, when the first moment i met him, he gave me a very good impression. Before I met him, I thought i never like a westerner as my boy friend. so i tell you one thing is that if you want to be a boy friend of a chinese girl, it is a very easy only you can give her a good impression.
:roll:
Xarzy

Post by Xarzy »

Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsin wrote:Hmmm...

Maybe you should abide by the old adage: "You are what you eat." So eat a lot of Chinese food. Undoubtedly, you'll naturally become more Chinese. Besides, you're more likely to run into a Chinese girl in a Chinese restaurant.

If you want a Chinese girl, drink a lot of soy sauce & endlessly assert that Asia owes everthing to China.
If you want a Korean girl, gulp down lotsa Kim Chee & drive a Hyundai.
If you want a Japanese girl, sip wasabi thru a straw & for God's sake, get a samurai sword.
If you want a Vietnamese girl, do shots of fish sauce & wear black PJ's.
If you want a Thai girl, sprinkle coconut milk on everthing & run like a Tsunami is chasing you.
If you want a (South Asian) Indian girl, snort curry powder & go work for Bill Gates.
If you want a Hawaiian girl, eat lots of poi & SPAM, & hang ten.
If you want a German girl, eat lots of sauerkraut & SEIGHEIL der Fuehrer!
If you want a British girl, boil everything you eat & don't brush.
If you want a French girl, eat baggettes & don't bathe.

Got it?

--Holy crap, I can't believe anyone would go about things this way. I'm talking about your approach in general. If there is a certain type of (ethnic) look that you fancy, just go for it. Don't overthink it or plan things out. What's that old saying? "Be yourself."

Knowing Chinese culture maybe key to interacting with her family, which is to say be polite and respectful particularly toward elders. But then again, this too is pretty much universal rule. No?
Oh? Viet_in_Madison_Wisconsin? You should be "Mad Viet in Wisconsin" hahahaha... You should tell the real way of getting a girlfriend/how the girls' characters and not just kidding, joker.

Post by Guest »

You coul ask her out for dinner say at a Chinese restaurant:)