CANTONESE HAVE 60% ZHUANG ANCESTORY

Discussions on the Cantonese language.
Bamboo Shoot

Re: CANTONESE HAVE 60% ZHUANG ANCESTORY

Post by Bamboo Shoot »

To Sum Won,

> Once again, you choose to ignore the other half of Cantonese ancestry...

Actually, there is no evidence that I ignored the other half of Cantonese ancestry.

> As I've said before in regards to the percentage of Chinese origins in modern-day Cantonese, the census counts from the past were inaccurrate, for certain reasons (http://safeproxy.org/cgi-bin/nph-proxy. ... 574&t=1350).

Percentage origins is not an issue with me.

> Actually, I have a few North Eastern [BeiJing, and ethnic Chinese from modern-day Manchuria] friends, and they do all use zhi hou, and yi hou indistinctively. Maybe, because they find TaiWanese and Singaporean shows more interesting to watch than things from CCTV (Most of it's, just bland, horribly-dubbed-for-no-reason shows.)

Perhaps so, but I beg to differ on the "indistinctive" usage of "zhihou" vs. "yihou" in spoken Mandarin because personally, I originally always had used "zhihou" when speaking Mandarin but people from Beijing where always correcting me to use "yihou" instead. "Zhihou" carries an "attitude" whereas "yihou" doesn't in Mandarin but in Cantonese "jihau" has the same neutrality or "indistinctive usage" as "yihau" without the attitude.

> Thankyou for that little tidbit on XiXia. I see what you mean by your previous statement, but it was a little confusing.

Your welcome.

Bamboo Shoot
HKB

Post by HKB »

I have beijing friends who use "ran-hou" instead of either "zhihou" or "yihou."
Sum Won

Post by Sum Won »

"For the Guangdong people (not just Hakka), it is common knowledge that their ancestors had come from central China between the Tang & Song Dynasties..."
When you say their ancestors, you imply that the Cantonese origins are only Chinese. Hence, what I meant by "ignoring the other half (actually, 'portion', because the exact percentage is still obscured) of Cantonese ancestry".

Still not sure about the zhi hou/yi hou thing, because none of my friends ever corrected me in my use of either, nor did they ever change theirs. Maybe, it's just "a BeiJing thing", most of my friends from the northeast are from Manchuria. Only a two or three Mandarin-speakers I know are from BeiJing. Nor has my dad ever complained about his friends criticizing him for the use of zhi hou (If they did, he would DEFINATELY complain).
anti Sum Won

you are from NorthEast

Post by anti Sum Won »

No wonder why you always promote the false statement the Cantonese are the Han Chinese.

Look into this website.

http://home.i1.net/~alchu/hakka/toihak0.htm

pay attention to this part:
Their study also suggested that Chinese originated from two distinct
populations, southern and northern.

No matter how convincing your words are, the DNA inside them tells us that they are not the original Han Chinese nor from the Han Chinese. Don't waste your time against the anthropologists on this part.
qrasy

Re: you are from NorthEast

Post by qrasy »

anti Sum Won wrote:No wonder why you always promote the false statement the Cantonese are the Han Chinese.

Look into this website.

http://home.i1.net/~alchu/hakka/toihak0.htm

pay attention to this part:
Their study also suggested that Chinese originated from two distinct
populations, southern and northern.

No matter how convincing your words are, the DNA inside them tells us that they are not the original Han Chinese nor from the Han Chinese. Don't waste your time against the anthropologists on this part.
What are 'Han Chinese'? Does that term have real meanings?

Separation/differentiation could happen but mixing is also possible. Actually South Chinese are mix of BaiYue and norther people. The X gene could be different but the Y gene is nearly 100% of the Han population the same.
qrasy

Post by qrasy »

what HKB gave was not the true Korean numbers. They're
hana tul set net tasôt yôsôt ilgop yôdôl ahop yôl

(http://www.zompist.com/asia.htm)

Post by Guest »

The Southern Chinese do prosper better without the North. Look at Taiwan and HongKong. There is a need for a political separation between the North and the South.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:The Southern Chinese do prosper better without the North. Look at Taiwan and HongKong. There is a need for a political separation between the North and the South.
You are right. Sometimes if you stick with the culture that much as bondage, people suffer just more. People prosperity and healthy living count more. Politics mean nothing in China
Southern Chauvinist

the one who uses 'Inuyasha-sama' nick is quite stu***

Post by Southern Chauvinist »

Somehow people can retro-claim that it's Northerner who is not real Chinese, since we only know they are different but we don't know which one is from old dynasties. Above are just neffing.
Cantonese

Post by Cantonese »

What is called "pure Han"? People from State of Wu, State of Yue and State of Chu were not "Zhongyuan ren". Even ancient people from Shangdong were known as Dongyi. Han-Chinese was formed by the combination of many races after the Han Dynasty. Therefore, Cantonese are indeed Han-Chinese.

Why should we separate the north and south? We are in one Chinese family. Those who suggested the separation between the north and south are either foreigners or unfilial descendants of Chinese.