Learn Chinese with Rocket Chinese - Anyone tried it?

Topics related to learning Mandarin Chinese.

Have you tried it?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 11

sinocenter@126.com

How to stduy Chinese?

Post by sinocenter@126.com »

How to stduy Chinese?

I point out three key method :interest,input,practice.
有三个关键点:兴趣,积累,练习

First,interest is the best teacher.If you want to be good at Chinese,you must bring up your interest of learning Chinese .Interest can help you fight against whit dull.Find something you like to do.For example you like to watch TV ,so you can watch some Chinese TV with your mother language caption.If you like to chatting ,you can using Chinese to chatting with Chinese throughth internet,or by other ways.

首先,兴趣是最好的老师。学习中文一定要有兴趣,这是学好中文的关键所在。找出你喜欢做的事。比如你喜欢,看电视,你可以看些带有英文字幕的中文电影。喜欢和朋友交流,你可以交一些中国朋友,用中文来和他们交流。等等。

Second ,you must insist on studying.No input,no output.So you must learn some chinese character or phrase every somedays.After studying,it is better to use the character you have learn to write some chinese article ,or chatting wiht chinese.So you can not forget the character or phrase. Do not stop learn for long,and learn continue to learn .If so,it almost impossible for you to be good at Chinese.But i advise you that not to learn too more by one time of learning Chinese.If so ,you may be feel dull and then stop to learn Chinese.

第二,要有持之以恒,每天有一定的积累,但不能太着急。没有输入,就没有输出。在保证不会太枯燥的情况下,每天学习一些中文字或者词组。然后想办法把刚学会的字和词组用起来,比如用这些字和词组和中国朋友聊天,这样会产生兴趣,避免枯燥,帮助记忆。持之以恒,效果会很好。如果中断学习,后面再学习时,效果会很差。

Third,do not afraid to make mistake.Do not afraid make joke.Do not be too care with grammar.If you are too care with the grammar ,it will be too dull to do practice everytime ervrywhere you want to practise chinese.Remember that if you want to be good at chinese ,you must do more pratice.

第三,不要怕犯错误!不要怕闹笑话。不要太在意语法。如果会很认真的去学习语法,这样学习中文就太枯燥,很多外国人就因此放弃了学习中文。想说就说,增加了练习的机会,这样会提高很快。

The last.Creat a chinese environment as we know.The best way to learn chinese is to creat a chinese environment.Because it has more pritise chance,less dull,and you can remember what you study for long times,may be all your life.So many foreigners come to china for studying.But if you can not come to china ,you can use the internet ,or some other ways.

最后,培养一个中文的环境!我们知道,在外语环境里学外语,效果是最好的,因为练习的次数多,记忆效果好,而且不会产生枯燥。如果你不能来中国,就通过网络和中国人进行交流。

I hope that you can use the methods to learn chinese.So you can make greate progress by using less time.Thank you for you reading.

相信你用以上方法进行实践,你学习中文就能进步很快。谢谢。

Other questions? Get free advice? Registered our free classes, when facing teachers!

还有其它疑问?想得到免费建议?注册我们的免费试听课程,当面向老师求教吧!
http://www.sino-center.org/

邮箱:customer@sino-center.org
Skype | Msn | Gtalk ID: sinocenter Yahoo ID: sinocenter@yahoo.cn

地址:北京海淀区中关村大街甲59号中国人民大学文化大厦608室 电话:86-10-62514789
sinocenter@126.com

why learn hanyu pinyin

HanYu Pinyin ABC

why learn hanyu pinyin

Hanyu pinyin (漢語拼音), often abbreviated as pinyin (拼音; "spelling sounds" literally), is the most wiy used mandarin romanization system: p. r. china and singapore, and many other countries as well. the library of congress uses pinyin to catalog its collection in chinese, most contemporary dictionaries use pinyin to spell out chinese characters, and the vast majority of chinese textbooks published overseas use pinyin, to name just a few.

Advice on learning approach

Just like "cultural" is pronounced differently in french and english, "can" symbolizes different sounds in mandarin and english -- the sounds represented by a certain letter are not always the same in different languages.

Therefore, when learning pinyin, instead of referring to the english pronunciation of each letter, you should try to establish a direct connection between a certain letter, or sequence of letters (like "sh", "ang", etc.) and the exact mandarin sound represented. in other words, using chinese characters as reminders of sounds represented by pinyin letters will be much more sensible since you already know the mandarin sounds.

Other questions? Get free advice? Registered our free classes, when facing teachers!

sinocenter@126.com

Chinese Grammar Basics

Chinese Grammar Basics

Grammar plays the key role in bringing chinese characters together. in compensation, chinese grammar is considerably easier than english. here are just some examples of difference between chinese and english for your reference.

1.As there are no singular and plural in chinese, subject-verb agreement doesn''t exist.

English: I am a student. we are students.
Chinese: 我是学生,我们是学生。
Chinese personal pronouns are pluralized by adding the suffix 们.
For example, 我= i, 我们= we

2.Chinese verbs do not express time, but simply action, so chinese has no verb tenses.

English :I am learning chinese.I learn chinese.
Chinese :我学中文。我学习中文。
Notice that there is no difference between "i learn chinese" and "i am learning chinese" in chinese. Then how to let others know whether the thing has happened or not? In chinese, adverbs are frequently used to take the place of verb tense.

明天 tomorrow to show the thing has not happened yet
昨天 yesterday to show the thing has happened already
现在 right now to show the thing is happening

3.Chinese has no genitive case, character 的 is used to indicate possession.

English:This is my pen. Nancy’s friend is very smart.
Chinese:这是我的笔。南希的朋友很聪明。
Ok, here above are just three simple examples. You will encounter much more on your way of learning chinese.

sinocenter@126.com

Chinese Grammar Basics

Chinese Grammar Basics

Grammar plays the key role in bringing chinese characters together. in compensation, chinese grammar is considerably easier than english. here are just some examples of difference between chinese and english for your reference.

1.As there are no singular and plural in chinese, subject-verb agreement doesn''t exist.

English: I am a student. we are students.
Chinese: 我是学生,我们是学生。
Chinese personal pronouns are pluralized by adding the suffix 们.
For example, 我= i, 我们= we

2.Chinese verbs do not express time, but simply action, so chinese has no verb tenses.

English :I am learning chinese.I learn chinese.
Chinese :我学中文。我学习中文。
Notice that there is no difference between "i learn chinese" and "i am learning chinese" in chinese. Then how to let others know whether the thing has happened or not? In chinese, adverbs are frequently used to take the place of verb tense.

明天 tomorrow to show the thing has not happened yet
昨天 yesterday to show the thing has happened already
现在 right now to show the thing is happening

3.Chinese has no genitive case, character 的 is used to indicate possession.

English:This is my pen. Nancy’s friend is very smart.
Chinese:这是我的笔。南希的朋友很聪明。
Ok, here above are just three simple examples. You will encounter much more on your way of learning chinese.

sinocenter@126.com

Chinese- Family introductions

Chinese- Family introductions

In China today, women do not change their surnames after they get married. They always keey their maiden names.
People like to ask questions such as "你结婚了吗?"(Nǐ jiéhūn le ma?), Are you married?

e.g.

这是我/我的... Zhè shì wǒ/wǒde ...This is my ...
家 jiā family

爱人 àiren spouse (lit. love person)

丈夫 zhàngfu husband

女儿 nǚ’ér daughter

儿子 érzi son

你结婚了吗? Nǐ jiéhūn le ma? Are you married?

我结婚了 Wǒ jiéhūn le I’m married

我没结婚 Wǒ méi jiéhūn I’m not married

女朋友 nǚ péngyou girl-friend

男朋友 nán péngyou boy-friend

朋友 péngyou friend

同事 tóngshì colleague

Family life

Families are very important in Chinese culture. Traditionally, children used to live with their parents even after they were married. It was normal for three generations to live under one roof. These days, although most married couples live by themselves, they still consider looking after their parents as their responsibility. Traditionally large families were a sign of prosperity. These days, families are becoming smaller and smaller, especially with the introduction of one-child policy in the late 1970s.

sinocenter@126.com

Chinese A B C

[/color]Chinese A B C

Chinese is a very interesting language, it write body now of art, pen mathematics which row an inside, and high simplification but lifelike shape, will let you feel, learn Chinese, be like is learn to make uniform a painting.

It of pronunciation(the alphabets of the Chinese phonetic, Chinese pinyin), adoption Latin letter of alphabet, divide consonant and rhyme mother. Each sound has four voices to adjust again, respectively is 1, 2, 3 and 4.However Chinese language’s pronounce is the system that a kind of writes to read a sound, can’t replace Chinese characters. The article, which completely pronounces to write out with the Chinese language, can hardly understand, therefore, it is not one kind to formally write a way, but the help of just a kind of reading.
The Chinese language is in the world to use most languages of number.

In addition to china is big six with Taiwan outside, the Chinese language still distributes in Singapore, Malaysia etc. ground. Take Chinese language as the person of mother tongue about has 1, 300, 000, the Chinese language is one of the work languages of United Nations.

About have in the world 1/5 people use Chinese language as mother tongue. Chinese language as to it is also once the language writing of the nation of the periphery creation over-weight wants to influence. For example Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese in all the reservation have a great deal of Chinese language to lend phrase and Chinese language to write system writing. The Chinese language is a kind of Chinese language.

The Chinese language is special language in the world, the writing height unify and norm, the modern Chinese language has already unify with the phrasing of norm, though dialect pronunciation difference specially big, but written language norm, have no writing form that dialect difference result in to communicate obstacle. The super dialect of Chinese language has a huge function towards supporting unify of Chinese nation.

The Chinese language belongs to independent language, analysis language. Chinese language is writing a way is a kind of Chinese characters of pictograph. The written language that 54 sports before use is called "text speech", is 1 kind the ages is with the Confucius use of take"ya3 yan2" as basal written language.54 written Chinese languages sport push after are usually called "vernacular" and namely take northern dialect as basal modern and written language. In the written language of modern Chinese language, text’s talk has already seldom used.

All say that the Chinese language is difficult to learn, in fact the Chinese language be easy and have no tense in the Chinese language variety, the verb adjective also has no variety and have no connect read, language jian3 lian4, pronounce clear, the language is soon slow-moving. It is a kind of language, which very easily learns. Difficult what to learn be a Chinese characters.

sinocenter@126.com

About Chinese Phonetics

About Chinese Phonetics

Chinese is a graceful language whose four tones make speaking Chinese sound like singing songs. In standard Chinese, the pronunciation of one Chinese word is a syllable. For instance, “我的书” (my book) is written in three characters, which is pronounced in three syllables "wodeshu".

Chinese syllable consists of three parts: the initial consonant of a syllable, a vowel and a tone. There are totally 21 initial consonants, 39 vowels and 4 tones, which are combined by different rules and regulations to enrich Chinese compound pronunciation.

汉语是一种优美的语言,它的四个声调使说话像唱歌一样动听。汉语普通话中,一个汉字的读音就是一个音节。例如“我的书”写下来是三个汉字,读起来就是三个音节wǒdeshū。汉语的音节包括声母、韵母和音调三部分。普通话共有21个声母,39个韵母,4种声调,这些元素通过不同的规则组合在一起就构成了丰富多彩的汉语语音。

About Chinese Initials:

The initial sound of a syllable is called initial consonant. For instance, the initial consonant of "大" is d. The initial consonant of "小" is x. Some syllables begin with vowels without any sound, e.g. "安" (an) 鹅(e). Such syllables are called "zero initial consonant" of a syllable.
一个音节最初的声音称为声母。例如,“大”的声母是d, “小”的声母是x。首先,一些元音音节没有任何声音,例如“安”(an)鹅(e)。这种音节被称为“零声母的音节”。
About Chinese Vowel:

Vowel follows the initial consonant of the syllable. E.g. "e" in "歌" (song) (ge), "ie" in "姐" (sister) (jie).
Simple vowel: A simple vowel is composed of single vowel. For example: a, o, e, i, u, ü.
Compound vowel: A compound vowel is composed of combined vowels.
Nasal vowel: A nasal vowel is a vowel followed by a nasal consonant such as "n" or "ng".
About Chinese Tone:

There are four tones in Chinese: the first tone, the second tone, the third tone and the fourth tone.

sinocenter@126.com

“不”的音变

“不”的音变
"No" sound change

Generally speaking, the word ’No’ would have no other pronunciation except the pronunciation bù, that is, No’s basic tone is 去声. Now look at the following cases:

1. When singly pronounced, at the end of words and phrases or before non-去声 reads 去声. Such as: 不(bu)No、决不(jiu bu)never、不红(bu hong)not red、不好(bu hao)not good。

2. before 去声 reads Pingkai .
Such as:不大(bú dà)small、不应(búyìng)答 not reply、不道(bú dào)德 immoral、不骂(bú mà)人 do not criticize sb, etc.

3. sandwiched between the words read in a silent voice.
Such as: 说不清(shuo bu qing)a hard nut to crack、对不起(dui bu qi)I am sorry.

janmanzer411

Re: Learn Chinese with Rocket Chinese - Anyone tried it?

Post by janmanzer411 »

arros123 wrote:I do not know Rocket Chinese but if you are looking for a good Chinese Mandarin learning software, I can recommend you to have a look at L-Ceps Personaltrainer Mandarin. I use the program personally since a couple of months and I am very happy with it. It uses a very intuitive multimedia approach and you can use both chinese characters and pinyin. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. I think they have a free trial version on their homepage http://www.l-ceps.com

I would like to know more about rocket chinese, does anyone here give us a general info?
I would also check this software. Thanks for sharing.
Best Regards,
Jan Manzer
Jan Manzer
neilkevin

Re: Learn Chinese with Rocket Chinese - Anyone tried it?

Post by neilkevin »

Hi friends,
I am learning Rocket Chinese language because I'll be able to challenge myself with conversational Chinese by starting to speak the language right away, and in contexts that reflect everyday life in a Chinese-speaking environment. At the same time, I'll be able to do so in a comfortable and supportive way - that's what Rocket Languages is all about!With Rocket Chinese language I am going to learn Chinese repidly,effectively, and easily...I am passionate about this language, and for me it's a privilege to be able to share it with you all.