why Korean people like to steal Chinese invention?

Discuss the Chinese language.
mdavid35

Re: Warning: Warning

Post by mdavid35 »

sigma6 wrote:This is in response to the original poster of this thread. I have a VERY strong and sneaking suspicion that the person is a Japanese troll. I have noticed that there are several very well organized anti-Korean sites that have no doubt been set up by extremely far right, WELL FUNDED Japanese groups, including large corporations such as Panasonic and Sony. It's strange and scary that they spend a lot of energy into this sort of effort. The question is why?

Having lived in Japan, I was and still am amazed at the amount of power and influence the Japanese right wing have in Japan. This extreme right wing sentiment is not only deeply rooted in the LDP (ruling political party), but is increasingly finding flavor with the wider population.

IN general the Japanese deeply feel that their culture is unique. Let me re-count only some of my interesting experiences. Upon arrival to Japan I discovered from several gaijins*laowai that during the boom times of the 80's the Japanese government petitioned the UN to set up a separate racial category exclusively for the Japanese. Hence changing the classification from Asian to Japanese. I found it funny, but it turned out to be true. Others revolve around conversations with the Japanese themselves. Its a fact that a few Roman soldiers wandered into parts of Eastern China and lived and mingled with the local population. There are remains of this small settlement. A couple of Japanese girls were saying how this is fact that Chinese culture was spawned by the Romans. I argued that there is nothing in Chinese, as far as I know, that hints of Roman influence on Chinese culture. They insisted it to be true since they saw it on Japanese documentary. On a different occasion during a discussion with some other Japanese, they were very proud of the fact that on a pattern on a kimono closely resembled a pattern found in France. This kimono pattern in grandly displayed in a museum and was used by this group as an exampled to strongly imply that Japanese is NOT related in any way to Chinese culture.

The point I am try to make is that you will NOT find these sorts of beliefs among Koreans. Conversations with Koreans show that they acknowledge that Korean culture was heavily influenced by China. One has to wonder The statements made by the original poster SHOULD be taken with more than a grain of salt and a HEALTHY DOSE of SUSPICION as to his*her*their motivation.

I DON'T want to make this into some 'anti' this or 'pro' that post, but there is in Japan a deep sense of gloom about her eventually being overtaken by China. This gloom is deepened further by Korean companies having overtaken once dominant sectors held by Japan (ships, chips, t.v.).

I very seldom post anything and hope that this rather long post will shed some light on the MOTIVATIONS behind such posters.

P.S. Remember that the right wing has A LOT of influence and power in Japanese society. Consider the motivation behind these well WELL FUNDED organizations.

[/i]
Silly, you have no idea about korean history.You have to know
that real Korean history books were burned by japanese imperialists during 1910-1945. (over 200,000 books were burned officially). Japs took all books and remains to Japan and faked most of Korean history to justify invasion to Asia and Korea. This is absolutely crime and sin. They never apologize this yet. They made Korean history limited to Korean peninsula. You have to know that. This is current Korean history. many Koreans try to recover again!
benji145

Post by benji145 »

It seems south korea stealing some histories not only from china but also from the whole world. I've heard that they said Sakyamuni is Korea, I don't know if it is just a joke or not, if it is true, they are so absurd.
hamihaha

Post by hamihaha »

Why are the Chinese so arrogant with their Korean neighbours?
You both share a lot in common no?
korean1

Post by korean1 »

sigma6 is absolutely right. The Japanese are trying to play the Chinese and Koreans like puppets and making them fight. China do not fall for it. The japs will always be hopeless criminals and need to be kept on a leash. We all know this..
EL_kay

Re: why Korean people like to steal Chinese invention?

Post by EL_kay »

are you kidding. you're communist. that's the funniest thing in the world. You sound like a nazi yelling bout how terrible the jews are.
EL_kay

Re: It is not stealing, actually it is robbery

Post by EL_kay »

Richard wrote:OK, we just say Korea invented everything, and created everything. sounds like the God? Oh, my god.
They can fabricate a story, but cannot make the history. Korea is not necessary to play like a clown because its rapid economy development speed has enough reasons to make it feel self-proud and enough to receive more respects. No one will laugh at Korea for its lack of traditions or history, but people will do laugh at it for distorting history and fabricating history.
Korea, could you please stop robbery of cultures? That's very ridiculous and clownish, isn't it?
You dont' call this whole thread "Clownish"??
EL_kay

Re:

Post by EL_kay »

hannu wrote:I really hope South Korea won't continue fabricating the history and old traditions. Othiswise, they will lose all of the final reputation and become a laughing stock in the world.
And so let them do it. Why degrade yourself to thier level. if they fail they fail. do you get more honor by pointing it out? by exploiting it on a websited based on chinese dialects?
EL_kay

Post by EL_kay »

sigma6 wrote:This is in response to the original poster of this thread. I have a VERY strong and sneaking suspicion that the person is a Japanese troll. I have noticed that there are several very well organized anti-Korean sites that have no doubt been set up by extremely far right, WELL FUNDED Japanese groups, including large corporations such as Panasonic and Sony. It's strange and scary that they spend a lot of energy into this sort of effort. The question is why?

Having lived in Japan, I was and still am amazed at the amount of power and influence the Japanese right wing have in Japan. This extreme right wing sentiment is not only deeply rooted in the LDP (ruling political party), but is increasingly finding flavor with the wider population.

IN general the Japanese deeply feel that their culture is unique. Let me re-count only some of my interesting experiences. Upon arrival to Japan I discovered from several gaijins*laowai that during the boom times of the 80's the Japanese government petitioned the UN to set up a separate racial category exclusively for the Japanese. Hence changing the classification from Asian to Japanese. I found it funny, but it turned out to be true. Others revolve around conversations with the Japanese themselves. Its a fact that a few Roman soldiers wandered into parts of Eastern China and lived and mingled with the local population. There are remains of this small settlement. A couple of Japanese girls were saying how this is fact that Chinese culture was spawned by the Romans. I argued that there is nothing in Chinese, as far as I know, that hints of Roman influence on Chinese culture. They insisted it to be true since they saw it on Japanese documentary. On a different occasion during a discussion with some other Japanese, they were very proud of the fact that on a pattern on a kimono closely resembled a pattern found in France. This kimono pattern in grandly displayed in a museum and was used by this group as an exampled to strongly imply that Japanese is NOT related in any way to Chinese culture.

The point I am try to make is that you will NOT find these sorts of beliefs among Koreans. Conversations with Koreans show that they acknowledge that Korean culture was heavily influenced by China. One has to wonder The statements made by the original poster SHOULD be taken with more than a grain of salt and a HEALTHY DOSE of SUSPICION as to his*her*their motivation.

I DON'T want to make this into some 'anti' this or 'pro' that post, but there is in Japan a deep sense of gloom about her eventually being overtaken by China. This gloom is deepened further by Korean companies having overtaken once dominant sectors held by Japan (ships, chips, t.v.).

I very seldom post anything and hope that this rather long post will shed some light on the MOTIVATIONS behind such posters.

P.S. Remember that the right wing has A LOT of influence and power in Japanese society. Consider the motivation behind these well WELL FUNDED organizations.

[/i]
Finally some sense. I dont' know as much because I'm just some american adopted asian girl in chicago but this sounds like the doings of more than just "korea robbing old cultures" this sounds like War being created out of nothing. From what I got from what culture I did absorb as an ousider of Korean culture was that they agree in the influencial Chinese and give much credit to china for thier developement in thier culture. and they have a culture. Just as much as any other. It might not be as popular or as accepted or even liked but it's a culture.
EL_kay

Re:

Post by EL_kay »

chairmouse wrote:Korean lost their confident when they invented their own character 1000 year after China.

Korean lost their confident agian when Chinses economy exceed Korea economy recently.

confident or confidence?
EL_kay

Post by EL_kay »

Silly, you have no idea about korean history.You have to know
that real Korean history books were burned by japanese imperialists during 1910-1945. (over 200,000 books were burned officially). Japs took all books and remains to Japan and faked most of Korean history to justify invasion to Asia and Korea. This is absolutely crime and sin. They never apologize this yet. They made Korean history limited to Korean peninsula. You have to know that. This is current Korean history. many Koreans try to recover again![/quote]

Agreed. korea was sandwiched between two HUGE powers. Empires that like to invade, steal, rob and rape. China and japan are ruthless. no wonder north korea went so crazy. I dont' agree w/ north korea and thier issues with the UN but I do think someone had to stand up and scare the shit out of the Japanese and Chinese.