learning Mandarin

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
Prince

Re: learning Mandarin

Post by Prince »

Hello,

My name is Prince, I speak english and spanish.I want to learn mandarin chinese because I just found ou that my grandfather is chinese and my grandmother is Puerto Rican. Want to leanr mandarin now.I have a few friends im school that speak it, but i'd like to learn mandarin through here too.I live in Rochester, New.I just moved here from the Bronx.I am looking for a female from the ages ov 15-18 to tutor me in mandarin and I will help her learn english or spanish if either of those two languages they desire to learn.

Take Care,
Prince
Ju

Post by Ju »

Now I'm studying Mandarin at my Unjiversity. It's fun. So I would like to know a new friend who is also studying Mandalin. Maybe we can share the problem about studying this language and study it togathere.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Now I'm studying Mandarin at my Unjiversity. It's fun. So I would like to know a new friend who is also studying Mandalin. Maybe we can share the problem about studying this language and study it togather.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Looking for a teacher? Or just a friend?
Native Chinese(Mandarin, Cantonese) speaker with fluent English from GuangDong, China. (Simplified character is used by mainland Chinese!) Experienced Chinese tutor for International student, knows exactly what the learner needs. And with good computer skills too.
Please don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions and I will be pleased to talk with you in further details.
ltm8888@hotmail.com (MSN user)
turner

Post by turner »

I think if you can speak Cantonese well , you can learn speak Mandarin very easy , but if you can speak Mandarin well ,you will take a long time to learn speak Cantonese , because I am a chinese ,but I can speak Mandarin very well ,but Now I just can listen Cantonese well and can speak a little.

[%sig%]
Hello everyone here!
Fire

Post by Fire »

I think learning a language is very difficult. I mean you can speak the language fluently. I am Chinese. I can speak Cantonese very well as I am a native Cantonese speaker. My English is only "Okay". Mandarin is quite difficult for me. I can't remember four tones. But my listening is Okay.
dkf2000

Post by dkf2000 »

i am a chinese student speaking mandrin , and learning japanese . they are not easy languages.
alaxieniye

Post by alaxieniye »

If you are chinese, you can easily master every dialect, but fot others it is hard to learn 2 dialects in one time, it is easier to learn mandarin & japanese(as i do) then mandarin & cantonese.
anthony

Post by anthony »

I living in Shanghai, a native Chinese.
Any body want to study mandarin, Chinese culture and history, or any otherthing about China, please contact me. y102961@163.net or y102961@hotmail.com
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

I am not Chinese, and have been studying Mandarin off and on for a number of years. It takes more concentrated study than I have been giving it. Does anyone have recommendations for:

1) online articles on Mandarin grammar (for a linguistics paper I'm writing)

2) online tool to convert multiple characters to pinyin

Xie xie!