questions

Discuss the Chinese language.
Qiang Li

Re: questions

Post by Qiang Li »

Q7,
no, unlike Latin languages, Chinese verbs are always in their forms. They do not transform according to subjectives, objectives or other nouns.
it is interesting that Chinese characters themselves are related to humain beings, amimals and other things.
There are some basic componements in chinese, mainly including: earth"土",animals"the left part to the word dog-狗", water"水", body parts"mouth-口, eye-目,ear-耳,and so on",etc...
so, some nouns are usually followed by certain verbs(those verbs could refers to certain actions by certain kinds of nouns).
Qiang Li

Post by Qiang Li »

Q8:
we only devide the third pronouns like English. there is no gender difference between "you" and "I, we".
verbs are always in their intial forms no matter who, when and where actions happen
eg.
他 去 宜家(He goes to IKEA), The left part of the word of "他/he" is a transformation of the word "人/human"
她 去 宜家(she goes to IKEA).The left part of the word of "她/she" is a transformation of the word "女/woman"
Qiang Li

Post by Qiang Li »

Q10
There is no difference between formal and informal second sigula form.
But there are a singula form experssing respect to others.
"你" is a usual form of the second sigula form, and "您(there is a 'heart /心' below the word '你')is used to express repect when we talked to the old, guests and strangers, etc.
Qiang Li

Post by Qiang Li »

Q11,
This question is quite difficult to me, because i do not study the grammers of both languages systemtically.
I just know that Chinese grammer is more difficult than that of English, because we structure different sentence by arranging the locations of differents words.
The most different is that we must have to use certain words before some noun. Those words are unique. And there is no simlar parts in English.
eg.
一把刀(a knife), 一头牛(a cow), 一口猪(a pig), 一张桌子(a desk),一只鸡(a hen)....
"一=a/one", "刀=kinfe,牛=cow,猪=pig,桌子=desk/table,鸡=hen/cock)"
i can not tell you how and when those words "把,头,口,张,只...." come from.
but if we do not add those words before some nouns, the some expressions would cause misunderstandings.
eg. compare the following 2 sentences.
我 给了 你 一刀(I hurt you by a knife)
我 给了 你 一把刀(I give you a knife).
The difference of the above is obvious.
pathram

Post by pathram »

we compose some parts(morphemes)/words to create new words. Characters of morden Chinese are usually divided into at least parts( some words cant be divided), one express the meaning, the other refers to pronouncation.