Cantonese originally not Chinese???

Discussions on the Cantonese language.
LacViet

Re: Cantonese originally not Chinese???

Post by LacViet »

Hi there,
I know I am maybe the only one Vietnamese in this topic.
I was really wonder where originally Vietnamese came from as you are Cantonese originally not Chinese???

why the Vietnamese does not have they own letter?
The hundred Yueh is The Vietnamese? or The Chinese from The Hundred Yueh?
Why the tone and Viet language so similar with the Cantonese - Nan yueh 南越?
Why The Yueh peoples and now us (Vietnamese - Taiwanese - Min Yueh 閩越) still have to fight we are not belong to Chinese (the Han) form 4000 years until now?

(*Taiwan: http://books.google.com.vn/books?id=FHq ... eh&f=false)

But now I can sure that the Vietnamese from the The Hundred Yueh (which not the Han). And the only Viet group (雒越 - Lok yueh) independent from the Han.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_peoples or http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E7%99%BE%E8%B6%8A)

So The Cantonese - Nan yueh 南越, Vietnamese - 雒越 Lok yueh, Taiwanese - Min Yueh 閩越 , Choang - Ou Yueh 甌越 (GuangXi) ..... originally all from Bach Viet (The Hundred Yueh - 百越). That means The Cantonese originally not The Han, but Chinese now :)

Just want share what i know!
papen

Post by papen »

I just read the 1st post of this page and I honestly don't like the name Annamese. Well maybe i don't know the meaning of Canton in Cantonese but at least i know the characters for An Nam (安南). It has 2 meaning, as Vietnam always had wars, the Viet emperor wanted that name as he wanted peace for the south. However, it's also a Chinese name which Chinese emperor gave to us as they referred us as barbarian from the south and always rebel the Han. They gave that name because the emperor wanted us to stay peace like 安 and not create any more troubles. Thus, it changed to Vietnam later. So for the language, I prefer it as 越话 like 广东话
louisep887

Post by louisep887 »

Hi.Anonymous:
U couldnot say cantonese isnot chinese fm One word.U know Japanese language based on Chinese?
"Cantonese."is only a dialect of China.Such as sheung hai language...ect.
cherry

Post by hokkien_learner »

LacViet wrote:Hi there,
I know I am maybe the only one Vietnamese in this topic.
I was really wonder where originally Vietnamese came from as you are Cantonese originally not Chinese???

why the Vietnamese does not have they own letter?
The hundred Yueh is The Vietnamese? or The Chinese from The Hundred Yueh?
Why the tone and Viet language so similar with the Cantonese - Nan yueh 南越?
Why The Yueh peoples and now us (Vietnamese - Taiwanese - Min Yueh 閩越) still have to fight we are not belong to Chinese (the Han) form 4000 years until now?

(*Taiwan: http://books.google.com.vn/books?id=FHq ... eh&f=false)

But now I can sure that the Vietnamese from the The Hundred Yueh (which not the Han). And the only Viet group (雒越 - Lok yueh) independent from the Han.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_peoples or http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E7%99%BE%E8%B6%8A)

So The Cantonese - Nan yueh 南越, Vietnamese - 雒越 Lok yueh, Taiwanese - Min Yueh 閩越 , Choang - Ou Yueh 甌越 (GuangXi) ..... originally all from Bach Viet (The Hundred Yueh - 百越). That means The Cantonese originally not The Han, but Chinese now :)

Just want share what i know!
go home and learn, buddy. who said Taiwanese are Min Yueh 閩越. 閩越 is a clan in Bach Viet 百越 and Min Yueh if is orgininal lived in Fukien and later they merged with Hokkien people. Hokkien people are Min Nan 閩南. And Taiwanese are Hokkien People. Furthermore, Ou Yueh living in Quangxi is incorrect.

Nam Viet 南越 belong to Bach Viet and living Guangdong. They are not Cantonese. But different than your Viet, they are proudly to say that they are Great Han's citizens and They cant speak your modern Vietnamese language. They can speak Cantonese, Mandarin and their Viet Language (Viet Ngu in Nam Viet langauge and Han Viet in Vietnamese Language)
And for your Viet. If you dont know characters, I may suggest you go back to Hanoi and search a academy called Hanoi Viet Study Academy or Vien Viet Hoc Ha Noi in Vietnamese. You can learn all your Bach Viet clans over there as well Han Viet and Chu nom
furthermore:

越人 is pronunciate as Viet Nhan in Han Viet (This one is your Vietnamese)
粵人 is pronunciate as Viet Nhan in Han Viet (This one is for Cantonese)

it already indicated the two different.
hokkien_learner

Post by hokkien_learner »

papen wrote:I just read the 1st post of this page and I honestly don't like the name Annamese. Well maybe i don't know the meaning of Canton in Cantonese but at least i know the characters for An Nam (安南). It has 2 meaning, as Vietnam always had wars, the Viet emperor wanted that name as he wanted peace for the south. However, it's also a Chinese name which Chinese emperor gave to us as they referred us as barbarian from the south and always rebel the Han. They gave that name because the emperor wanted us to stay peace like 安 and not create any more troubles. Thus, it changed to Vietnam later. So for the language, I prefer it as 越话 like 广东话
hahahhahahahahaha. Very ridiculously funny. Do you even know what that country is called Vietnam anyway
senton1

Post by senton1 »

Take into account that don't assume all people living in China are necessarily Chinese. It is often displayed in various regions that distinctive groups had their particular distinct culture. China was not always unified. It turned out many different tribes/countries some time before unity ever occurred and unity wasn't always stable (such as several Kingdoms, the Warring States Period, the relocation of the Sung dynasty after Beijing fell to invaders). For instance, the town of Chongqing, a long time before it became annexed into Imperial China had its own culture along with perhaps a language also. The mountainsides of Chongqing has carvings of fierce pagan gods non-existent in mainstream Chinese culture. An original Chongqing citizens were also primarily decimated because of war therefore the Emperor necessary a migration to the present region. Its likely which the Emperor called for migration with regions thus cultures mixed together until they became made available to the Chinese or were destroyed with the Chinese. If you take a look at a map of the Qin Dynasty, the region which is now Guangzhou province remains unclaimed. Usually are not lived there? Its likely that there were independent tribes surviving in this region. And later in Chinese history, the Chinese people migrated into this region, mixing while using original people, thus eliminating their cultural identity. One more thing to mention, when you look at records on the earlier dynasty including the Xia, Shang, and Chou, each of them existed in the northern regions, not southern.