Private Chinese Teacher in NYC

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
Jon Goldberg

Private Chinese Teacher in NYC

Post by Jon Goldberg »

Can anyone recommend a Chinese teacher in New York City? I speak intermediate Mandarin and I'm looking for someone to give me private lessons (maybe 2 per week). It is especially important that this person know business and perhaps information technology terminology. Perhaps someone knows a Chinese college/graduate student that would like to earn extra money.

Thanks.
-Jon
Jordan

Re: Private Chinese Teacher in NYC

Post by Jordan »

I am a beginning student of Mandarin. I have been learning on my own through tapes and books for about 8 months. I am also interested in finding a teacher of Mandarin in the NYC area. I live in Nassau and work in the city. I understand that you are looking for private lessons and it sounds like you need it for business proposes so i wouldn't want to interfere with your pursuits but maybe we could use the same teacher for both of us at different times. I am curious to see the response you get.

Jordan
James Campbell

Post by James Campbell »

Here's an idea: walk into China town (I believe I remember seeing one in New York before), ask some locals if they know of anybody new just in from Taiwan or Shanghai (most likely to have business bg) or give you a reference, or ask if you can put up an ad. Also check out NY's universities, and ask if you can put up an ad. I've known a lot of Taiwanese here that say they studied in NYC universities. As most Chinese people would not wander onto a site called "chinalanguage", you're probably not going to have much luck here. They might however wander onto sites pertaining to English language.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Looking for a teaching job!
Native Chinese(Mandarin, Cantonese) speaker with fluent English from GuangDong, China. (Simplified character is used by mainland Chinese!) Experienced Chinese tutor for International student, knows exactly what the learner needs. And with good computer skills.
Please don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions and I will be pleased to talk with you in further details.
ltm8888@hotmail.com
shanghaitang

Post by shanghaitang »

hua

Post by hua »

Hi, I have been teaching Chinese with Americans since 2001. I am a native Chinese living in USA. I offer online Chinese courses with web conferencing. I teach students not only basic 4 language skills, but also teach them using a computer to input Chinese characters, which is morden way of communication. I have a few spots open now. If you are interested, please let me know. Hua
oxnard

Post by oxnard »

Has anyone had any luck with you finding a private teacher in the city or somewhere not too far from the city?
Sincerely,
E. Oxnard
oxnard

Post by oxnard »

Has anyone had any luck with you finding a private teacher in the city or somewhere not too far from the city?
Thank you,
E. Oxnard
Accountant
Sincerely,
E. Oxnard