Sending mail to China

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
Tom C.

Sending mail to China

Post by Tom C. »

I'm needing to send business related mail from the U.S. to Mainland China, and need to know how to correctly address the envelopes. Should I use mostly Chinese characters, followed by the region and the postal code in English, or do I need to write it out in both English and Mandarin?
Any experienced help is appreciated.
lisa c

Re: Sending mail to China

Post by lisa c »

When I send to HK and Japan I use Chinese/Japanese for the local address etc., but you have to put down country and postal code for the US mailing system.
:
mr mailman

Post by mr mailman »

think it would be better if you could address them all in chinese. But you have to put down "CHINA" or "TAIWAN" at least for the sake of the mailman in the states :P
TieHuDie

Post by TieHuDie »

: I'm needing to send business related mail from the U.S. to Mainland China, and need to know how to correctly address the envelopes. Should I use mostly Chinese characters, followed by the region and the postal code in English, or do I need to write it out in both English and Mandarin?
: Any experienced help is appreciated.
: I've had plenty of mail sent to me in China and all of the address was in English and Pin Yin. I haven't had any problems with this. Just make sure your Pin Yin is correct.
He Man Sa

Post by He Man Sa »

When My husband wanted to send letters to his mum in China, he wrote the address in Chinese characters, with just To China in English. But this was from England instead of America. Also he is chinese, so it is easier for him to write chinese characters. .. and she got the letter.

: I'm needing to send business related mail from the U.S. to Mainland China, and need to know how to correctly address the envelopes. Should I use mostly Chinese characters, followed by the region and the postal code in English, or do I need to write it out in both English and Mandarin?
: Any experienced help is appreciated.
:
chumma

Post by chumma »

I've had plenty of mail sent to me in China and all of the address was in English and Pin Yin. I haven't had any problems with this. Just make sure your Pin Yin is correct.