CHINESE SYMBOL FOR MY NAME

Translations to and from Chinese.
Zheng Ruhua

Re: CHINESE SYMBOL FOR MY NAME

Post by Zheng Ruhua »

Hi Peter,i am glad to translate your name for you,your name in Chinese is as follows:Peter=彼得
荡 Do you like it?
Best Zheng Ruhua
syed Raza

Post by syed Raza »

Hey wasup can u help me learn some chinese cuz ieveryone say chinese is hardso i want to learn chinese so may be u can send me chinese alfapant and u can tell me how can u use alfapant u make a word.

Thanksyou
Rafael Fernandes Aguilar

Post by Rafael Fernandes Aguilar »

Is there a Chinese Symbol for my name Rafael?
Is there a Chinese Symbol for a Angel which name is Rafael?
Mark

Post by Mark »

UGHH!!!
THERE ISN'T A CHINESE SYMBOL FOR YOUR NAME!!!
ALSO, THERE ISN'T A CHINESE SYMBOL FOR ANY LETTER OF THE ALPHABET AS CHINESE ISN'T AN ALPHABET!

In Chinese, there are somewhere between 45,000 and 50,000 characters, about 10,000 of which are used regularly.

Each character stands for a word (generally, however there are some words that use 2 or 3 characters) as well as a sound. However, as there is no one Chinese language (Mandarin, Minnan, Wu, Hakka, Cantonese, Gan, Xiang, Minbei, Mindong) one cannot give a definete sound for a character without making it bound to one language.

As Mandarin is by far the most spoken of the Chinese languages, (more than 1 billion people speak it, the others all have between 15,000,000 and 200,000,000 speakers each) a "universal pronunciation" of a character might be given in Mandarin. However, in the US, most Chinese speakers speak Cantonese (an example of the difference might be seen in the words for I love you, "wo ai ni" in Mandarin and "ng oi nei" in Cantonese, or the words for Chinese person, "zhong guo ren" in Mandarin and "jung gwok yan" in Cantonese)

Theoretically, you could have your name written in Chinese characters by selecting characters which sound similar in Mandarin (or in Cantonese or another dialect if you so desire) to your name, but often you will get tricked and the characters will also have an undesireable meaning. If your name is Mary Anne, for example, a desireable name might be "mei3 li4 an1" which when the right characters are used, can mean Beautiful Power Peaceful. However, you can usually find undesirable characters as well, such as "bi1" for Bee (short for Beezus) which when the right character is used can mean "vagina", or "pei1 ta4" which can mean "embryo step-on" when the right characters are used. If you plan to get a tatoo, be very cautious and ask somebody if they can refer you to a dictionary that will tell you that. Tatoo artists with experience will often trick you as well, and sometimes people will give characters that don't even sound like your name (for example, if your name is "John" they might use "pi4" which can mean "fart" or "ass" when the right character is used)
lynn

Post by lynn »

ouyyuytytrtrtuyhoiityyttuy uytytuyhoikjok
kristi

Post by kristi »

please tell me the translation for the names

Kristi

Krissy

Nick

Nicholas

thanx a bunch
Kristi
Dante

Post by Dante »

gostaria que meu nome fosse escrito em chinês.
BROOKE

Post by BROOKE »

CAN YOU SHOW ME THE SYMBOL FOR THIS NAME?
chris

Post by chris »

i need the translations for these 2 names

chris and nicole
Harry Dene Mason Jr.

Post by Harry Dene Mason Jr. »

If you could find the chinese spelling to my name I would appreciate it

Thank you

Harry