Minnan relationship chart

Discussions on the Hokkien (Minnan) language.
Pier

Re: Minnan relationship chart

Post by Pier »

Hi, Sim L & amhoanna and other Minnan brothers & sisters,

Thank you for the recent comments and warm welcome.

A) I have some interesting articles in regards to "Minnan(Hokkien) Culture & Heritage".
B) I have consolidate some inspiring informations regarding "Prominent Minnan Peoples" in the Minnan Disapora (in the field of Business, Entertainment, Sports, Philosophy/Literary, Politics, and Others) .
I hope to share these informations for those interested in Minnan issues at this Minnan Language Forum.

Would you kindly advise if there is an existing Forum’s Thread of the two topic.
I do not wish to start another thread.
I prefer to activate old thread in case many informations had already been contributed or discussed before.

Thank you.

Regards, Pier

Pier

Post by Pier »

Xiamen, Zhangzhou and Quanzhou to realize urban integration in 10 yrs
Updated: 15 May 2012
(Read more on South Fujian Golden Triangle - Xiazhangquan Metropolitan Area Urban Integration

Xiazhangquan metropolitan area

The “South Fujian Golden Triangle” Xiamen, Zhangzhou and Quanzhou are expected to realize urban integration in 10 years, according to the General Plan for Urban Integration Promotion among Xiamen, Zhangzhou and Quanzhou.

The gerneral plan shows these three cities will jointly build a metropolitan region with a total area of 7,772 square kilometers by the end of 2010. The metropolitan region will be 7 times the size of Hong Kong, much bigger than China’s largest city, Shanghai.

What’s more, Xiamen, Zhangzhou and Quanzhou are expected to realize urban integration preliminarily by the end of 2015. At that time, a comprehensive urban transport networks will be basically established. Social management policies as well as infrastructures in three cities will be integrated. Moreover, the comprehensive economic strength gap between Taipei metropolitan area and Xia-Zhang-Quan metropolitan area will be narrowed to a great extend by then.

By the year of 2020, urban integration is expected to come true by and large. Xia-Zhang-Quan metropolitan area will be an important gateway in China’s opening up. And it will be one of the most active and competitive international cities in the Asian-Pacific Region.

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news_image ... ngquan.jpg

Xiazhangquan Metropolitan Area Map

Ref: http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news25170.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same News In Chinese

厦漳泉用10年时间让三城合一 核心区7772平方公里
Date: 15 May 2012

厦门、漳州、泉州,人们称它们为:闽南金三角。现今,这三座城市将用10年的时间,让三城合一。届时,海峡东岸有台北都会区,海峡西岸有厦漳泉大都市区……

这一切都被写进了 《厦漳泉大都市区同城化发展总体规划纲要(征求意见稿)》。昨日,有关部门提供的这份意见稿透露出一个消息:厦漳泉三市拟共同争取同城化发展规划报批国务院,纳入国家区域经济发展版图,形成国家战略。

意见稿长达53页,由十二部分组成,从厦漳泉同城化的基础和条件着手,制定了三城同城化的指导思想与发展目标,就厦漳泉三地的空间格局与产业布局、基础设施同城化、建立共同市场、推荐公共服务共建共享等10个方面做出规划,形成指导当前和今后一个时期同城化建设的纲领性文件。

按照意见稿,厦漳泉三市计划利用2011年到2020年的10年时间,共同建设一个核心区面积达7772平方公里的大都市区。这一面积比中国第一大城市上海的面积还大,相当于7个香港的大小。

意见稿提出的发展目标称,至2015年,厦漳泉初步实现同城化,三地一体化综合交通运输体系基本建成、社会管理政策基本接轨,市政、信息、能源、口岸通关等基础设施全面对接联网;资源要素市场体系一体化形成,综合经济实力与台北都会区的发展差距明显缩小。

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news_image ... ngquan.jpg

到2020年,厦漳泉基本实现同城化,实现产业、空间和社会的高度融合。到时,厦漳泉将基本形成中国对外开放的重要国际门户功能,成为亚太地区最具活力和竞争力的国际性大都市之一,实现与台湾经济文化的深度融合。

来源:东南网

SimL

Post by SimL »

Hi Pier,

Yes, indeed, it's true that the "economic motive" is the main one behind the current support for Hokkien (plus perhaps a bit of "keeping up with the Joneses" in the face of Taiwan's support for Taiwanese).

There are parallels to the gay community's spending power (the so-called "gay dollar"), and the concentration of gay people in the inner city of a number of major US cities (and Sydney in Australia). Votes and dollars speak louder than history and culture.

It's always made me a bit sad that that's the case (both in the case of gay issues and Hokkien), rather than a genuine wish to preserve or promote such subgroups. But I accept that I live in an imperfect world, and if I can "hitch a ride" for the issues I support, even if it's driven by money, you won't hear me complaining.

BTW, I think it would be fine to start new threads on both your suggested topics.

Amhoanna: perhaps this economic motive will turn the tide. Economics has often been the motor behind changes in the status of languages. (Let's be optimistic!)

amhoanna

Post by amhoanna »

Maybe, Sim, but economics has never been the weak link where Hoklo was concerned.

Pier, with all due respect, can I request that you refrain from *exclusively* using Mandarin names for Banlamese places and things? Ēmn̂g or Amoy, not Xiamen. Who knows, it could help the rising of the tide. 8)

Pier

Post by Pier »

Hi, Sim L and amhoanna,

Promotion and Teaching of Minnan (Bân-lâm-gí/Bân-lâm-gú) Language in Xiamen.

廈門2000所學校將推廣閩南語教學 擬建閩南文化博物館2012年12月12日 07:43
來源:海西晨報

海西晨報訊(記者 主父真真)昨日,廈門市閩南文化生態保護實驗區工作領導小組會議召開,廈門市各區和相關部門彙報了第一階段工作情況,並提出下階段工作目標和建議。

到2015年,“閩南方言與文化進學校”要推廣到廈門市100所幼兒園、小學和初中,以後將逐步推廣到整個廈門市2000多所幼兒園和中小學。此外,會議還提出要建設閩南文化博物館、積極爭取更多“非遺”項目等內容。

Source: http://big5.ifeng.com/gate/big5/xm.ifen ... 66_0.shtml

Translations:

Bân-lâm (Hokkien) / Minnan dialect revitalized by China government policy

The work group's proposal include teaching & promoting Minnan (Bân-lâm) language in 100 kindergarten, primary and secondary schools, within Fujian Xiamen prefecture by 2015.

Minnan dialect will also be taught in over 2,000 schools with Xiamen (Ē-mn̂g) Prefecture from 2016 onwards.

The work group also proposed to construct a museum to promote Fujian Minnan/Bân-lâm (in Xiamen/Ē-mn̂g, Quanzhou/Chôan-chiu, Zhangzhou/Chiang-chiu) intangible cultural heritage.